Purpose: To demonstrate that falling objects accelerate.
Materials: 1 marble, 1 yardstick, a bit of clay, and gravity.
1. Flatten the clay into a pancake shape.
2. Set the clay on the floor.
3. Use the yardstick to measure heights for dropping the marble into clay.
4. After each drop, observe the size of the crater made by the marble in the clay.
5. Make observations on the chart below.
Data Analysis: The heighth is the distance in which the marble was dropped and then hit the clay. The indention is the depth of the crater created by the marble (in mm).
Conclusion: In conclusion this lab helped to demonstrate how objects in free fall accelerate. There was not much questionable data in this experiment, since most of the results were straightfoward.